Vertigo Optical Safe Edge
- Order before 1pm and we will usually dispatch same day for next day delivery, stock permitting
- Have a question about this product? Get in touch with one of our friendly advisers via Live Chat
- IN2 Access provides FREE UK-based technical support and product training workshops
Vertigo optical safe edge conforms to standards EN12978 and EN13849-0 2 (2008) when used with a RIB electronic control panel. It is a class 2 protection device for protecting pedestrians from collision by a moving gates or doors.
The transmitter and receiver are directly mountable on the mobile part of a sliding gate or swing gate .
- VERTIGO is directly mounted on the mobile part of the gate
- VERTIGO prevents impact and is therefore an effective replacement for sensitive pressure edges because it does not require impact tests as stated in EN12453
- The range of the infrared signal of the photocell is adjustable to 3m
- VERTIGO is certified to EN 50371 (2002), EN 60950-1 (2006) + A11 (2009), EN 301 489-1 v1.8.1 (2008), EN 301489-3 v1.4.1 (2002), EN 300 220-2 v2.3.1 (2010), EN12978, EN13849-2:2008
The beam, which during the movement is positioned before the the gate frame, prevents impact with objects and people. Impacting the single photocell element causes the receiver/transmitter beam to be broken and therefore the control unit immediately stops and reverses the gate movement. (Dependant on Control panel used)
Note: Maximum gate speeds and weights apply. See manual for details.
Click on link to watch video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o9cyncgar8